Sunday, September 18, 2011

Judas concept

School has begun again, and with it, a new and exciting project. I am doing another character model, but this time it is a male figure.

So here is Judas. The character is inspired by Indian Buddhist art, with Moroccan and Persian influences, and some biblical undertones. Here I have two slightly different concepts. After finishing the first one, I wasn't as excited or as pleased by it as I would have liked to be. I felt it lacked some presence, or the power Judas should have being an authoritarian figure. So I went back to the drawing board and made a few adjustments. I made the top garment a bit wider, decided to fully show the belt, and added some other minor details. Now I feel he commands the presence he should, and I am very happy with this design.



My next step will be to fully render the image, and then create the turnarounds to be able to model him. 
The teacher has pretty high expectations for our work in this class, so I'm hoping I can meet and surpass those. It will be a fun and challenging quarter for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment