Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Quarter

This is shaping up to be one of my favorite quarters at SCAD so far, and it is just starting. There are two classes in particular I'm very excited for, Sculptural Texturing for Games and Conceptual Illustration.

Sculptural Texturing for Games is basically a Zbrush class, which I'm thrilled beyond words to finally start working with it. I've seen the gorgeous sculptures and models other artists have done with it in ZbrushCentral, and just about everywhere, so to be finally able to work in 3d with this level of detail makes me very happy. I'll definitely be posting works in progress here as the quarter moves on.

Conceptual Illustration, the other class, is going to be amazing. Basically we'll develop a character and their environment and story throughout the quarter. What's most important though, is that we will actually go out, and experience things like wearing armor or wielding weapons, so we can get the experience and the feel of it, and know how to better portray it in our concepts. It will be a very hands-on class which I know I'll be very grateful for.


Not to sound like a broken record, but I'm very excited about this quarter, and hopefully I'll get some really nice work out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment